click on the photo for more...
Back on Oct 22nd, I took a home pregnancy test that showed Scott and I was expecting a little Baby Burchette. But I was on my way to Europe that following week so I couldn't get to the doctor's office to officially confirm. I had to wait until Nov 6 before I was able to get an appointment
When we arrived at the doctor's office, Dr. Herrmann didn’t waste any time. He did an ultrasound to see how far along I really was. The baby was about 6.3 cm, putting me at 13 weeks. We were able to hear the baby's heartbeat and it was at 171 bpm. Based on the old wives tale, the fast heartbeat signals that it's a girl. We are not banking on that assessment. We have are heart set on find out when Baby Burchette make his/her appearance.
I scheduled us to be out of the office for a couple more hours so Scott and I went out to lunch to celebrate. We were both so amazed that the baby was that far along and it didn’t really set in. We had to look at the ultra sound pictures again make sure we heard the doctor right... We talked about all the stuff we had to do to prepare for
his/her arrival, including telling our parents. We wanted to wait to give them christmas presents with "Grandma" and "Grandpa" paraphenalia. Unfortunately, we realized that Christmas would be too long to wait and I would begin showing by Thanksgiving. Since we planned to head back to Detroit and that it was my dad's birthday we would surprise them then.
No comments:
Post a Comment