Saturday, November 1, 2008

Where have we been??

My word! I have been very lazy in updating our blog. So here is my attempt to sum up the last 6 months in one post... (Reminder: click on the pictures to see more)

Scott and I have had some tragic as well as happy events occur since June. Unfortunately, Scott's dad passed away. It was a rough time for him and his family so we would like to thank everyone for the words and prayers over the course of the year. We are very blessed to have such supportive family and friends! Ronnie is missed every day, but never forgotten.

In August, I went back out to California for work. I took the opportunity to visit my cousins while there and stopped in Vegas to have a Cousins' Weekend. It was great hang out with family that I hardly get to see.

Scott's brother and family came down to St. Louis from Davenport to go to a Cardinals game and head out to Grant's Farm. It was a short visit, but a lot of fun. The game was great, up until the sky opened up and it started to pour. It was the first time that I was able to watch all the quick activity that grounds crew do during a rain delay. The next day we went out to Grant’s farm, fed the baby goats and watched the fun animals.

Over Labor Day and the week that followed, Scott and I went to Maine with my parents. We drove 8 hours to Detroit and the next day hopped in my dad’s RV and drove 2 days to the east coast. We enjoyed the cool, autumn weather and ate a whole bunch of lobsters. (We currently have a freezer full of lobsters that we now get to enjoy throughout the year.) The best part of the vacation was the whale watching trip. It was so neat to see these mammals in their natural environment.

In late September, I had to travel abroad for work. I spent 10 days in Europe and since I was there over a weekend, a trip to Brussels was on the itinerary. I was in meetings in Holland for a few days and then took the train to Amsterdam. From there, I hopped on a train to Brussels. It was nerve racking to travel to all these new countries by myself, but it was great to explore on my own.

Every October, Scott and I go to the apple orchard and invite friends new to the St. Louis area. This year, we went with our friends, Ana & Joao and their daughter, Marie. After picking apples, we came back to our house for dinner, homemade apple pie, and a bon fire.

At the end of October, I had to go back to Holland for work. This time I stopped in Paris. I love Paris and this was my third time there so I did the quick tour to the main spots. I met up with my cousins for dinner and catch up. It is always nice to get together with family when in a foreign place, but it was nice to know that this was going to be my last trip out of the country for a while.

This brings us to November.

No comments:

Post a Comment