To normal people, a hair cut isn't significant enough to write a blog about it. They have more of a life than I do… so I am going to write about it.
I was growing my hair out for the wedding, but that was almost 7 months ago. Why was I still growing it out? Well, after the wedding, I decided to contine to grow it out so that I can donate my hair to Locks of Love. At that time, all I needed were a couple more inches. My hair grows like a weed so I was starting to get really frustrate with it.
I was really nervous to chop off all my hair, but summer is here and I needed a new, fresh look. Below are the before and after photos.
“Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. We meet a unique need for children by using donated hair to create the highest quality hair prosthetics. Most of the children helped by Locks of Love have lost their hair due to a medical condition called alopecia areata, which has no known cause or cure. The prostheses we provide help to restore their self-esteem and their confidence, enabling them to face the world and their peers.” http://www.locksoflove.org/
No comments:
Post a Comment