Friday, April 29, 2011

Joey's home!!!!!

Joey was discharged from the hospital on Saturday (April 29). Since he has been home, we have been squeaking through the nights with minimal sleep.  I completely forgot how it felt to take care of a newborn.  The stress, worry, routine... add the fact that Joey is on a heart rate monitor, I have been a walking zombie!  There hasn't been very many episodes for the monitor to catch, but the blood-curdling alarm to alert that the leads aren't reading driving me up the wall!!!!!  On the bright side, the monitor does give me a sense of security that it will let us know if/when Joey has a heart rate drop and allows me to sleep soundly (when I do get some sleep.)

We are teaching Jake how to be gentle with Joey.  Jake is always so excited when Joey is awake and all he wants to kiss/hug Joey.  He is a very loving big brother!!
Click for more

No comments:

Post a Comment