Thursday, December 23, 2010

Pre-Christmas visit with the Schadlers

There is no way we could travel up to Iowa and not stop to see Bird, Lisa, and the girls. I can’t even remember the last time we saw them…

Mya is Scott’s goddaughter and Jake is Bird godson so we have sort of become an informal family. Mya played while Jake stole her toys and Mikala was content just hanging out!

The kids exchanged presents which was fun to watch Jake rip off the wrapping paper with such enthusiasm. (so much different from last year). Lisa started a new tradition with Mya, where she took Mya to the Dollar Store and allowed her to pick out gifts for everyone in their family (include Scott, myself and Jake). The gifts were specifically selected by (and from) Mya herself. Each one was perfect: I got a Bath Glove, Scott got Silly String, and Jake got a Mickey Mouse Board Book. She really knows how to pick them!! I think we are going to start that tradition with Jake next year.


Click for more
  

No comments:

Post a Comment