Sunday, September 9, 2007

Bridal Shower in Dubuque

This past weekend, Scott and I drove up to Dubuque for our second shower. We got into Dubuque late on Friday night and crashed. On Saturday morning, I got up and visited with Scott’s mom, Carol for a little bit until my parents called to tell me that they were up. They stayed at the hotel down the street so I went over to get them. Come to find out that they were up, but not ready. So I hung out at the hotel while they were getting ready. We headed back to the Burchette’s house to eat breakfast and hang out. Scott’s sister, Ronda, her husband, Dave, and their daughter Olivia came to the house. We all visited for a little bit before we headed to Beanie’s CafĂ© for the Bridal Shower. When we arrived, Jodi, Anne, Amanda, and Bailey (Scott’s sister-in-law, sister, niece and niece, respectively) were hard at work setting up. Shortly thereafter, Scott’s aunts Marie, Margie, and Mary Kay and Amy, Scott’s sister, arrived. We also had Nikki (Scott’s niece), Diane (Scott’s foster sister), Robin (Diane’s daughter-in-law), Lisa (Bird’s wife), Mya (Bird’s daughter), Kathy (Bird’s mom), and Brooke (friend of the fam). We play a couple games and then had lunch. Yummy Italian beef sandwiches and sloppy joe’s. We then opened gifts, which is always fun.

Scott's mom and sisters hosted a great shower. Thank you ladies!! Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so no pictures...

After the shower, we all went back to Carol and Ron's house where the men were hanging out. We built a bonfire and enjoyed the fall weather. Carol prepared a whole bunch of food for dinner. So we ate, drank, and now getting ready to be married!!!

2 months to go... we are in the home stretch people!

No comments:

Post a Comment