Scott and I traveled back to Detroit for our first bridal shower. We spent all of Thursday evening in the car for the 8.5 hour drive… it was excruciating!!! We got to my parents house around 4:30AM on Friday. We crashed once we arrived, but unfortunately sleep wasn’t in our future for very long. Scott’s parents were arriving at Detroit Metro Airport at 9AM. So we had to get up at 8 to pick them up from the airport. To start the day off right, we all went to breakfast at my favorite greasy spoon, Ram’s Horn… yum! Friday afternoon, my parents, Scott’s parents, Scott, and I spent catching up. We grilled out for dinner and enjoyed the summer evening.Saturday, we woke up to get ready for the day. My cousins (on my mom's side) arrived from Toronto. We all (minus the men) headed to the reception hall to decorate. This is where we met up Meghan (my matron of honor) who picked up the floral centerpieces. Meghan’s aunt, Cheryl, did the flower, which turned out beautiful. I knew they would since Aunt Cheryl did Meghan’s wedding flowers. We set up the hall and placed the favors at each setting. The favors were small Mikasa ring dishes as well as daisy sugar cookies made by Meghan’s cousin, Lindsey. (side note: the cookies were so cute and yummy! I think I ate almost a dozen of the cookies throughout the weekend). Everyone arrived at noon and we sat to eat lunch. The food at The Gazebo was also yummy. I was pleasantly surprised as typically buffet food isn’t that great. After lunch, we moved on to my favorite part… opening our gifts. I have to admit that I cheated and checked our registry online frequently so I knew what was purchased already. The fun part of opening the gifts was finding out who bought us what. But the greatest gifts of all were those that were not on our registery. My mom gave me a string of pearls that I will be wearing on my wedding day. She also made us a quilt. The pattern is called Double Wedding Rings. It is beautiful!!! My aunt/godmother also gave us funds to purchase our wedding cake. Everyone was very generous!!! It was like Christmas in August. By the end of the event, Scott and my dad met up at the hall to pick up all of our gifts and help us clean up. Later that evening, everyone came over to my parents’ house for a family party. With a house full of people, we enjoyed the company of our family though the wee hours of the night.
Sunday, Scott and I drove his parents to the airport to catch their flight back to Chicago. We then met up my cousins, Michelle (bridesmaid), Marcy (bridesmaid), Rodel, and Rodney for lunch. This was an opportunity for us to sit and catch up with them without all the craziness of the rest of the family. Later that evening, Scott and I started our drive back to St. Louis. It was, again, excruciating, but well worth the quality time with the Munar family!!
No comments:
Post a Comment