Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The new Mr. & Mrs. Ruz

This past weekend was my cousin, Jennifer’s wedding. She married a great guy, Ryan, who she dated for almost 7 ½ years. They complement each other so well!

I flew into Sacramento on Friday afternoon and my parents picked me up. The three of us drove an hour into the country to the small cemetery where my grandfather was buried. We said a little prayer and stopped the home of my dad’s distance relative. I am not quite sure how we are related, but they were very welcoming and sweet. After lunch, we drove back into Downtown Sacramento for the wedding rehearsal. My parents and I met up with my aunt and uncle (Tita Pen and Uncle Steve) from Chicago, my grandmother, and my cousin, Michelle. After SEVERAL run throughs, we all headed to my Uncle Mel’s house for the rehearsal dinner. It was very laid back and casual. It was probably the first Filipino party I have been to that served tacos!!! But boy oh boy, the food was good! After dinner, my parents, Tita Pen, Uncle Steve, Tita Merle, Michelle, Brian, Gramma and I headed to my Uncle Arthur’s house. This is where the debauchery begins…

Someone (either my cousin Archie or my Uncle Arthur) thought it would be a great idea to bust out the Hennessy Cognac. Before the drinking began, Archie, Michelle and I went to pick up my brother and my cousin Marcy from the airport. The two of them were coincidentally on the same flight from Chicago. As soon as we walked in the door, the shot were a-flowing! Several later, the party ended when my dad was passed out and Archie was hurling upstairs.

The wedding day arrived and the Munar clan was dressed to the nines. The ceremony was held in the Downtown Sacramento Cathedral. It was a beautiful church, beautiful ceremony, beautiful bridesmaids, and most importantly beautiful bride. Jennifer looked so great! After a teary-eyed ceremony and after all the pictures, we headed back to the hotel/reception hall for cocktail hour at the Sterling Hotel. The hors’ dourves were scrumptious and was just enough to want more!! Let me tell you… I have never seen jumbo shrimp cocktail so huge!!!!! Dinner was also fantastic… Not the typical wedding dinner! This is when the wedding day debaucher begins… I don’t really remember much after dinner and the video montage, but a great time was had by all and there are pictures (and videos) to prove it.

Click on the first and second photo for pictures from my camera.

Click on the third wedding photo for pictures from my cousin, Michelle's camera. Her mom went to Las Vegas after the wedding.







No comments:

Post a Comment