By the time we got back to the house, Scott’s parents and niece, Amanda, arrived when Scott started on the much needed yard work. (The grass was very, very, very long. Since the garage was broken, I couldn’t get to the lawnmower… but the lawnmower was broken, too, which is why we had to go buy a new one.)On Holy Saturday, Scott’s sister Amy, her husband, Jose, and three boys (Austin, Adrian, and Ashton) drove down from Chicago. They came down for Scott’s Confirmation. As a teen, Scott decided that he didn’t want to get confirmed since the classes were over his summer vacation. For the last six months, Scott and I have been attending RCIA classes at our church every Wednesday to prepare for his Confirmation. Easter Vigil Mass started at 7:30 and was over 2 hours long. Aside from the couple yelps from 3-year-old Ashton, surprisingly the boys were very good. Our priest, Fr. Andrew had told us that we would not have to attend mass on Sunday and that our obligation for Lent was fulfilled. With that, the whole gang headed to Ted Drewes for some frozen custard. I waited
all of Lent for some ice cream and boy-o-boy was it de-scrumptious!!On Easter Sunday (and Scott’s 31st birthday), I made breakfast for everyone. We all spent the morning and early afternoon hanging out and spending time together. We broke out the birthday cake for Scott. For the past month or so, Scott has been saying that he wants to start golfing more this year. So for his birthday, I bought him a new set of golf clubs and bag. Nothing fancy… just a starter set. I was also able to get him time with a pro to critique his swing before we hit up the courses. Luck has it, though; the weather here has been so cold and crappy that we haven’t been able to make it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment