Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Back to Michigan

Last week, I was traveling to Kalamazoo, Michigan for work. I was on the campus of Western Michigan recruiting students for our open co-op roles next semester. Since I was already in MI, I drove to my parents’ house for the weekend. It was my Uncle Ben’s 2 year death anniversary on Saturday, Feb 3rd so the whole family went to Mass and then went back to my aunt and cousins’ house to spend some time with them.

Two years ago, Uncle Ben was hit by a drunk driver while taking a co-worker home after their shift at the hospital. The drunk drive ran through a red light broadsiding my uncle on the driver side. The hospital told us that he was dead on arrival, however, the passenger died while int he ambulance. Unfortunately, the driver survived and was only sentenced for 7 years in prison for killing both my uncle and his co-worker. This time of year is hard as my uncle was a second father to me while growing up. His spirit and strength will always be with me.

On Sunday, I flew back to St. Louis just in time for kick-off of the Super Bowl. Scott is a Chicago Bears fan and was excited to have people over to watch the game. So as you can assume, the game was a bummer for him. H eand I had a friendly side bet that if the Colts won, I would get a 30 minute back massage and vise versa for him if the Bears won. So you all know how that turned out and I was sure to collect last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment