Saturday, February 17, 2007

Belated Valentine's Dinner


I was traveling this past week for work and I wasn’t supposed to be home until late Wednesday evening. For that reason, Scott and I decided to keep our Valentine’s celebration low-key. With the winter storms that swept through the Midwest, the college that I was at closed their campus the day of the Career Fair. Rather than being stuck in a hotel for 2 days, my co-workers and I decided to make the 3-hour drive back to St. Louis. It took us 7.5 hours; however, we did stop for lunch and a western boot shop (not for me!!!). The bright side of this story is that I was home to celebrate Valentine’s Day with Scottie. On Wednesday, I picked up the chocolate-covered strawberries that I ordered and gave it to him while we were on our way to Confirmation class. We didn’t have time for an elaborate Valentine’s dinner so I made us something quick and easy. Scott wasn’t prepared for me to be home and informed me that my gift wasn’t to arrive until the next day. So I patiently waited all day on Thursday and then Scott had to regretfully report that I had to wait one more day… not sure what he had up his sleeve. So we spent Thursday night watching Ugly Betty and Grey’s Anatomy (BTW, great UB episode and less that average GA show). Then last night, after working out, I came home to find Scott in the kitchen with two live lobsters shipped in from Maine. This was his Valentine’s gift… a lobster dinner. We named our lobsters: Herman and Sandra which wasn’t a good idea as I felt a little bad having to drop them in a vat of boiling water. It didn’t stop us though from enjoying Herman and Sandra with a little drawn butter and a glass of wine. It was a great surprise and a really fun night for us!

Hope everyone else had a great Valentine’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment