Every time we come home to the Motor City, it is filled to time with family, friends, and EATING. I have to make sure that I hit all of my favorite restaurants to get those meals that comfort me! Since we weren't bringing the boys to Meghan's reception, I wanted to make sure that they spent some time with her. On our first morning in town, I packed up both boys up and we drove out the Grosse Pointe to meet up Meg and her mom, Carolyn, at The Original Pancake House. This isn't IHOP... let me make that clear! Meghan and Carolyn doted on the boys while Jake showed off and Joey coo'ed. It was great to catch up.
We spent the whole day on Friday hanging out at my parents' house. Jake loves helping wash and vacuum the cars. Here are a couple videos I captured that afternoon... One of Jake happy and having fun and the other of Jake getting frustrated and angry!
Friday night was Meghan and Phil's big party! Scott and I sat with Meghan's aunt, uncle, grandma, and cousins. We had some great laughs about the DJ, photo booth whoring, Gary and Uncle Pat's bromance, and Meghan's karaoke-singing! Oh, what fun!!
Here is a little shout-out to Meghan's cousin, Lindsey, who I blog stalk!!
It is always so hard to see all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins when we are in town. Fortunately, my cousin, Patrick had planned his High School graduation party for this same weekend. To my surprise, we had some relatives fly in from California for the party so it was a mini-reunion! During dinner, Jake's godmother (my cousin, Michelle) proceeded to teach him how to hang a spoon from his nose. It didn't take Jake long to get the hang of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment