So last week I ordered my wedding dress from a lady that is able to get dresses wholesale. She called me this morning, stating that the colors that I wanted were discounitued. I wanted diamond white with champaign accents. This is what I tried on... this is what another bridal boutique told me. (For women reading this, you all know the difference between white, ivory, diamond white, off-white, cream. For men, there is a huge difference... trust me!) Anyways, she told me that the designer has all diamond white or ivory with gold. GOLD! She wanted a decision so that she can complete the order. I flipped out... there is no way that I could just make that decision over the phone without seeing the colors. She couldn't get me a color swatch from the designer either. So to calm my anxiety, I used my lunch to drive back to the boutique to verify the dress colors.
Here's what happened: the lady at the boutique "guessed" at what the colors were and told me champaign (not gold) back in August. So I thought this whole time that the dress that I wanted was something different. It was very hard for me to admit that I was going to order my wedding dress with GOLD accents. It just sounds gross. So I checked a couple other dresses and what I thought would be champaign and those dress tags also said gold. It eased my tension so I proceeded with my order.
Everyone, please just pray that it is not a puke gold!!
No comments:
Post a Comment