Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What have we been up to lately????

So it has been WAY too long since my last post and since I was called out on not updating it from my friend Laura, I figured I need to do something . So here is an update since the wedding.

*** Click on the picture for more pics***

November 10 - Here are pictures from the whole weekend. Like everyone told us, our wedding day went by so quickly. At times, I had to sit back to savor it all, but the day flew by . Everything turned out perfect with only minor hiccups, which I am still fuming about! (Damn Florist!!!) Otherwise having the company of our family and friends was fantastic. We had so much fun!!!
November 21- A week after the wedding, Scott and I headed to Detroit (without a stop in Chicago to pick up my brother) for Thanksgiving. We met up with my old high school friends that I hardly ever get to see. Glenn moved out to California about 2 or 3 years ago and he was home for the holidays so we all met up at a karaoke bar. My dad came with us and we also met up my brother and his buddies. It was a grand ole time!!

November 23 - My dad’s birthday is always around Thanksgiving so we all took him to a FANTASTIC dinner at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse. I always love going out to a good restaurant.

December 7 - After the Thanksgiving holiday, we worked for a week. I had to travel to Chicago for a week-long conference which always, always wears me out. But I left a day early so that I can be in St. Louis in time to leave for our honeymoon! Boy-o-boy was it fantastic. To anyone who hasn’t done an all-inclusive vacay, I highly recommend it. I also recommend the St. Lucia Sandals Grande Resort. We had fun in the sun, drank, ate, and lay by the pool. We loved it!!!

December 24
- Scott and I were back home and working for another week before we left for Christmas break. Since we spent Thanksgiving at my parent’s house, we spent the weekend before Christmas and Christmas Eve at Scott’s parents. On Christmas Day, we drove all to the way to Detroit to spend a couple days with my side of the family. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday (minus all the traveling!!)

January 1 - In order for Scott and I to relax before having to go back to work, we spent New Year’s back in St. Louis. We had a relaxing evening at home watching all the festivities on TV. It was just what we needed after the last two months.

January 5
- We found out that Scott’s dad was rushed to the hospital. So we hopped in the car and drove 6 hours to Dubuque. We spent the next 3 weekend straight traveling back and forth. Ronnie is doing better, but it will be a long road to recovery. We celebrated Scott’s nieces’ birthdays in the hospital. They were both born on January 23rd, but 17 years apart. We spent a couple more weekends going back and forth from St. Louis to Dubuque.

February 11 - Scott said that we can stay home for my birthday weekend. He was very sweet all weekend (I don’t just celebrate on my birth DAY… I make it known that we need to start celebrating a couple days before). So the Saturday before, the two of us went to dinner at Trattoria Marcella, which was absolutely delish!!! On Sunday, Scott baked (and decorated) a birthday cake for me. Since my birthday fell on a Monday, we had a quiet night at home to celebrate.

February 14 - Since we went out to dinner for my birthday only 4 days prior, we decided to make dinner at home. I bought the gigantic crab legs at Costco over the weekend for us to steam. Prior to cooking them, Scott had to play…

February 15 – Very sad day in the Burchette home!!!! Unfortunately, I had to take Bomber back to the Humane Society. He was cooped up all day while Scott and I were both at work and started to become an unhappy dog. He was been getting to be too much for us to handle so it was best for us to help find him a better home. It was one of the hardest things that I had to do and as I am writing this, I am started to get teary-eyed. He was such a loving, playful dog that I pray he can find a family that has more time to spend with him and loves him as much as I did. Here are pictures of him growing up over the last 4 years… I miss him tremendously and there is an empty void in my heart. Love you, Bomber!!!! (I would appreciate it for those who are reading this if they not bring it up with me… the wound is still raw that I don’t know if I want to talk about it that much…)

No comments:

Post a Comment